Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baked Chicken and Peas With Bacon

So yesterday, I raced off to a job interview at a local paper. It took me forever to get there, since my boyfriend had the car, and lemme tell ya, public transit in the Bay is not perfect. By the time I got home, it was almost 8 PM--and I'd left at five. From there, I raced off to visit a friend I hadn't seen in ages. But I knew my boyfriend was hungry, and I didn't want to leave him with nothing to eat--that didn't seem right at all. So I made Baked Chicken and Peas with Bacon. Or rather, I started the chicken and prepped the peas, and he finished it. I hope he didn't feel abandoned, even though he only saw me for five minutes.


What kinds of meals do you make for someone who doesn't cook very often ( children, spouse, elderly person) that can be finished quickly and easily?

Baked Chicken and Peas With Bacon

1 whole chicken

1 cup frozen peas

1 slice bacon

Garlic powder

salt and pepper

Get a 9x13 baking pan, preferably Pyrex or metal. Spray it to avoid sticking. Take one chicken, defrosted, and cut it apart. Carefully arrange the pieces in the pan, then season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Flip the pieces and do the same for the other side. Bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours or until done.

Just before the chicken finishes cooking, put a cup of frozen peas in a microwave safe bowl. Add a tablespoon of water, and one slice of raw bacon. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a microwave safe lid, then nuke the whole thing for three to four minutes, making sure the bacon is done. Serve everything hot. May serve two or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment