Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spinach With Vidalia Onions, Baked Chicken Thighs

Dude. I. like, wrote up two thirds of this entry, and inadvertently erased it ALL.


*sigh* OK, round two...


For my birthday, even though I was hacking up a lung, I managed to make us dinner. The spinach dish is something my mom used to make when I was a kid; she would add a little bit of sugar to caramelize the onions. But she never knew about Vidalias, which are now available year round. I skip the sugar and use those instead. It's now my fiance's favorite dish.The baked chicken thighs are one of the easiest recipes ever, and you'll see why in a moment.


To be fair, my fiance did make rice--four cups of it. And I mean four UNCOOKED cups, which translates into, like, 8-10 cups of cooked rice.


Meh...at least we have leftovers.

Do you have any creative tricks for leftovers?


Spinach with Vidalia Onions


2 tablespoons oil or a few blasts of a nonstick spray

1 bag of spinach

1 sweet onion, sliced into rounds (it doesn't have to be a Vidalia; sweet onions go by many names. Look for them near the yellow onions, and look for the sticker).

Salt and pepper to taste


Add oil or spray to a pan. If you're using a nonstick one, you can skip this step. Give the pan a minute or two to get hot over medium to medium high heat, then add the onions. Cook till they become slightly translucent. Then, add the spinach. Cook everything until the spinach is fully wilted and the onions are slightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.


Baked Chicken Thighs


2 tablespoons oil or a few blasts of a nonstick spray

1 package chicken thighs, boneless

Salt and pepper to taste


Spray an oven safe pan with oil or nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 350. Salt and pepper the thighs, place them in the pan, and bake for an hour or until chicken is no longer pink. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment